Graham Cooke, Managing Director at Zenergi, warned us of energy industry changes at the LASBM June conference 2015. Here he tells us what we really need to know.
- Any meters starting 05, 06, 07 or 08 in the MPAN (Meter Point Administration Number) box on your bill (box grid starting with a big S) will need to be changed to Half Hourly by April 2016.
- You should expect to see an increase in standing charge costs of around £715 per annum as a result, but a reduction in unit charges.
- Electricity Market Reform: You will start to see new charges on your electricity bill called CfD, Capacity Market or EMR. There’s nothing you can do to avoid them but you can check they are billed at the correct rates by looking on our website (www.zenergi.co.uk).
- Any Gas meters currently billed together will be arriving on separate invoices from October this year. This may also mean an increase in standing charge costs as a result.
- Zenergi’s newly launched Positive Energy Pack is a useful reference point to ensure your energy budget is on track and you have all the information you need. If you have one but don’t understand it, don’t be afraid to give us a call.